Date Interval and Rate Plans

If you've already created your rate plans, you should know that It is possible to associate a specific period with a tariff plan

ย 

This rate plan will be shown in the Booking Engine only if the guest searches for a stay within those dates.

What happens if the guest instead searches for a stay for dates between one rate plan and another?

Let's make an example:

In my property I have configured a rate plan for the low season, until May 31st with a flexible cancellation policy and a rate plan for the high season, starting from June 1st with a non-refundable cancellation policy.

If a customer tried to search for this room for a period between the two periods (Ex: 29 May - 2 June), these rate plans would NOT be visible.

If you still want the room to be available, we recommend activating the rate plan cross option for your rate plans.

In this case, your booking engine will show the rate plan with the most restrictive cancellation policy for the guest.

In the case of the example, it would then show the high season rate plan with the respective non-refundable cancellation policy.

How can I understand which cancellation policy will be taken into consideration by the cross rate plan option?

As anticipated, the rate plan with the most restrictive cancellation policy for the guest is applied, therefore, in the case of the example, between a flexible rate and a non-refundable rate, the non-refundable is taken.

In the event that there are two flexible rates, the one that requires the greatest advance payment in order to cancel the reservation without penalties will be taken:

ย 

In the event that the number of days in advance coincides, the one requiring payment of the greater amount will be applied:

---
Talk to you Soon!
๐Ÿ™