How to create a package!

Let's find out how to create the "Trekking & Fun" Package, a practical example that will help you make the most of the Rate Plan function

First of all, I will have to ask myself: what are the features of this package?

1. It includes two extra services: a guided mountain trekking tour and a typical lunch with polenta

2. It is only active in autumn, from October 1st to December 1st

3. It has an additional cost of 60 euros per person

4. It is only available for min 3-night 

Let's see together how to create it!

1.Extra

First of all, I’ll create the two Extras from the homonym section accessible from the Settings menu.

Concerning the Polenta, I decide to insert it as an Extra which will exclusively belong to the Rate Plan, so I hide it from the Booking Engine and Octosite and I activate the "Show on Rate Plan" entry, which enables me to select it in the Rate Plan config page.

At this stage, it is not necessary to enter a price, but I add an image and a brief description and I save it.

On the other hand, I want the Trekking to be an extra service that can be also added autonomously by the customers to their booking. So I make it visible on the BE, always visible on the Rate Plan and with a specific price for those who decide to add it to the booking, regardless of the package we are creating.

1.2.3. Creation of the Rate Plan

I access the Rooms / Apartments > Rate Plans > Add new section

In the "Time interval" section, I specify the period during which the RP may be bookable (2)

From the "Extra" section I add the previously created services as "mandatory" (1) and I make sure to set the price to 0 because I have decided that this package has a 60-euro additional cost per person and I do not want to add the cost of any single extras as well.

In order to add the supplement of 60 euros per person of the rate plan, I will complete the correct setup from the "Price" section (3)

It is time to save my rate plan!

4. Derived rate with minimum stay (3 nights)

Since I normally  let people book for one night as a general policy in my property on the main rate, I will create a derived rate that has the Minimum stay entry deselected among the derivation rules, I tick the Trekking & Fun Rate Plan ndd save the setup!

The last step is that of applying the 3-night minimum stay on the derived rate in question from the Calendar.

I just have to do a simulation on the Booking Engine now - take a look at the video to see how the package will be displayed on the customer side!

Talk to you soon!

---
🐙

P.S.
This article might be helpful: ⚠️ Date Interval and Rate Plans